Moving to Sweetwater, Florida? A property management company can help you with your move, whether you’re relocating for good or simply investing in a Sweetwater vacation home. Find out why Sweetwater is a fantastic place to live, plus discover how we can help with your relocation.
Things to Know About Sweetwater, Florida
Sweetwater is a city in the Miami-Dade County of Florida. It’s 12 miles west of Downtown Miami and is sandwiched between Doral, Tamiami, and Westchester. Before we dive into how a property management company can assist you with your Sweetwater relocation, let’s break down a few key details about this Miami-Dade city:
Sweetwater Demographics, Economy, and Cost of Living:
- Sweetwater is home to 18,865 people, according to the 2021 Census.
- Around 95.3 percent of the population is Hispanic. As of 2020, more than 67 percent of the people in Sweetwater are U.S. citizens. This is significantly lower than the U.S. average of 93.4 percent.
- Based on Best Places’ Cost of Living Calculator, the city’s cost of living is 14.6 percent higher than the U.S. average in terms of health, utilities, transportation, and more.
- Sweetwater’s unemployment rate is 8.2 percent, which is greater than the U.S. average of 6.0 percent. However, employment opportunities in Sweetwater have increased by about 0.8 percent, based on data from Best Places.
Sweetwater Real Estate:
- Sweetwater is a buyer’s market – this means that the supply of homes is more than the demand.
- According to Realtor.com, Sweetwater’s medium home price is $369,500, a 26.3 percent increase from 2022. Meanwhile, the median home sale price is $290,000 with a sale-to-list price ratio of 98.74 percent. Homes stay on the market for more or less 57 days.
- According to Rent Cafe, the average rent in Sweetwater is $2,377. This is greater than the average rent of most Miami-Dade cities, such as Cape Coral ($2,062), Orlando ($1,929), and Gainesville ($1,626).
- Around 41 percent or 2,537 of Sweetwater properties are owner-occupied, while 49 percent or 3,640 are renter-occupied.
- Sweetwater follows Florida’s property tax rate of 0.98 percent, which is lower than the U.S. average of 1.08 percent.
- Most of the properties for sale are one or two-story single-family homes, however, you can also find a fair share of apartments and rows of townhomes. Consult a property management company that can match you with the perfect Sweetwater home.
- This Miami-Dade city does not have many vacant lots. If you want to invest in Sweetwater commercial real estate, there’s a slim chance you will construct from scratch.
- Sweetwater is home to 11 public schools that have been rated good or higher by Great Schools.
- The public schools in Sweetwater spend about $9,000 per student. According to Great Schools, the student-to-teacher ratio in Sweetwater is 15:1, which is lower than the state average of 17:1.
- You can find countless grocery stores, cafes, restaurants, etc. in Sweetwater. The city has 14 shopping centers and boasts over 600 businesses.
- The closest airport to Sweetwater is the Miami International Airport (MIA), which is 10 miles away.
How a Sweetwater Property Management Company Can Help You Relocate
A property management company in South Florida can manage your long-distance move. Here’s how:
#1 Rent Moving Vans
Whether you need five or fifty moving vans, a property management company can help you secure the vehicles you need for your Sweetwater move. We have long-standing connections with South Florida’s top moving van companies, which allows us to secure discounts for all of our clients. We work only with the best in the business – you can have peace of mind, knowing that your movers have been vetted and that they know how to take care of your belongings.
#2 Prepare Your Property For Sale
Wherever you’re from in South Florida, we have property managers who can prepare it for sale or rent while you stay focused on your Sweetwater relocation. Leave the repairs, property improvements, and marketing to us – we’ll make sure your home is “MLS-ready”. That way, you can get on with your move, without worrying about any “unfished business” you have with your old home.
#3 Help You Pack Up and Unpack
Packing your life into boxes can be time-consuming, but you can cut days off of your packing schedule when you partner with us. Whether you have artwork worth millions of dollars, or bespoke pieces that must be packed a certain way, you can count on us to pack and load the most delicate items. Once we get to your Sweetwater home, all you’ll have to do is instruct us where to place or unload your things. Need help organizing your new home? We can do that, too.
#4 Make Your Sweetwater Home Move-In Ready
Worried that your home will still need a couple of repairs when you arrive? We’ll make sure your Sweetwater home is ready to welcome you – that way, you can settle into your new home immediately. We have a trustworthy team of property managers in Sweetwater who can help us spruce up your home, such as mowing the lawn, repainting the walls, and repairing the roof. Your Sweetwater home will feel like home!
#5 Manage Your Home While You’re Away
If you plan to use your Sweetwater property as your second home or vacation home, we’ve got you covered. While you’re enjoying the beautiful weather of Sweetwater, our agents will be at your primary home to ensure it’s properly maintained while you’re away. And when you return, we’ll switch with you – we’ll head over to Sweetwater and care for your vacation home while it’s not in use! We can even help you convert it into a short-term rental if that’s what you want.
Moving to Sweetwater, FL? Call Us For a Smooth Relocation
Whether you’re moving from the neighboring Doral or any other South Florida county, we can make your move to Sweetwater swift and seamless. For more information on our long-distance moving services, get in touch at (561) 944 – 2992 or fill out our contact form today.