WHAT ARE PROPERTY TAXES?
Property tax is a tax on real property. It is paid annually and is based on the property’s assessed value. Property tax pays for public improvements and services such as:
- Roads and streets
- Police departments
- Fire protection
- Public schools
- …and more
In this infographic, we are going to cover the top 5 property tax law firms in South Florida. We will also check each of their key points.
7 REASON WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE A PROPERTY TAX ATTORNEY
- They have the expertise. They’re experts in property tax laws and property tax appeals.
- They will handle your appeal. Think you’re overpaying on your property taxes? They’ll be able to appeal on your behalf.
- They’re accustomed to hearings. The appeal process can be confusing and intimidating, so it’s best to have a pro handle it.
- They can adjust your taxes. They’ll make sure that your property isn’t overvalued. This could mean thousands of dollars in savings.
- They can find a qualified appraiser. Property tax bill too high? An attorney will help you hire an independent appraiser to be sure.
- They can save your property. If you’re behind on your taxes, you’re at risk of losing your home for good. A property tax attorney can prevent this from happening.
- They will save you time. Filing an appeal can be time-consuming. If you have other things to do, consider hiring a professional.